Morris Finance Brand Ambassador Jaxon Evans claimed his 2020 Porsche Supercup season back, with a third-place finish in the fourth round of the series at Silverstone.
Jaxon had won the opening race of the season at the Red Bull Ring and has now claimed third place at the British Grand Prix last Sunday 2nd August.
Evans hassled and hounded Max van Splunteren to try and take second position for almost the entirety of the race forcing the Dutchman to defend lap after lap. But Evans was unable to find a way past finishing less than 0.4s behind in third.
“Max was clever,” Evans admitted. “My main priority was not to risk too much after going home empty-handed from the previous race in Budapest and to earn as many points as possible.”
For his part, the New Zealander managed to successfully defend himself against attacks from Florian Latorre (France/CLRT) and Jaap van Lagen (Netherlands/FACH AUTO TECH), who ultimately saw the flag in position four and five.
Van Lagen held back a train of cars including championship leader Dylan Pereira, Marvin Klein, and Ayhancan Guven.
The two Lechner Racing Middle East machines of Leon Kohler and J.B. Simmerauer rounded out the top 10.
The sole Australian in the field, Jordan Love, started the race from 15th on the grid, but the reigning Porsche Carrera Cup Australia Series winner moved forwards and finished 12th.
Heading into the next round Jaxon currently sits in fourth place on 54 points on the Porsche Mobile 1 Supercup standings, with his teammate Dylan Perira taking top position on 80 points.
Next weekend, the teams will return to the iconic Silverstone once again for the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup, with round five to be held as part of the Formula One “70th Anniversary Grand Prix”.
Results round 4 Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup, Silverstone (GB), 13 laps
1. Larry ten Voorde (NL/Team GP Elite), 27:00.440 minutes
2. Max van Splunteren (NL/Team GP Elite), + 11.741 seconds
3. Jaxon Evans (NZ/BWT Lechner Racing), + 12.113 seconds
4. Florian Latorre (F/CLRT), + 12.408 seconds
5. Jaap van Lagen (NL/FACH AUTO TECH), + 13.055 seconds
6. Dylan Pereira (L/BWT Lechner Racing), + 13.399 seconds
Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup 2020, standings after 4 of 8 races
1. Dylan Pereira (L/BWT Lechner Racing), 80 points
2. Larry ten Voorde (NL/Team GP Elite), 73 points
3. Ayhancan Güven (TR/Martinet by Alméras), 56 points
4. Jaxon Evans (NZ/BWT Lechner Racing), 54 points
5. Florian Latorre (F/CLRT), 45 points
6. Marvin Klein (F/Martinet by Alméras), 42 points